Territorial Army jawan among four arrested in Rajouri
Jammu: Four persons, including a constable and a Territorial Army jawan, were arrested and a Chinese grenade recovered from their possession in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Constable Abdul Rahim posted at Ramban, Territorial Army jawan Mohammad Hanief, suspected militant Abdul Rashid alias Kaka and a civilian Aurangzeb were arrested yesterday, a senior police officer said.
"With the help of the militant, Aurangzeb approached the constable and jawan to purchase the Chinese grenade," the police officer said.
Police arrested Aurangzeb while he was breaking the lock of his brother`s shop at Darhali Bridge.
During interrogation, Aurangzeb told police that few days back he had a tiff with his brother Javed Iqbal over a family related issue.
"Aurangzeb had planned to plant the grenade in Javed`s shop to prove that he was involved in militant activities," the police officer said.
Aurangzeb informed the police team about the involvement of the militant, jawan and constable in his plan, following which they were arrested.
All the accused were likely to be shifted to Joint Interrogation Centre for further interrogation in the matter.
Meanwhile, the arrested are being quizzed by police over any such illegal activity in the past.
This network has been uncovered close on the heels of a major nexus between police and militants, which was recently unearthed in the Kashmir Valley, with the arrest of five constables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city