Terrorism and talks cannot go on simultaneously: Panun Kashmir
Jammu: The proposed meeting of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh with his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif on the margins of the UN General Assembly would be "contrary to the mood of the nation", said Panun Kashmir, an organisation of displaced Kashmiri Pandits.
"Terrorism and talks cannot go on simultaneously," Panun Kashmir president Ashwani Kumar Chrungoo said on Wednesday, adding that "the meeting is contrary to the mood of the nation".
"Pakistan has to assure India that it will reign in terrorists operating from its soil," Chrungoo said during a meeting of the outfit here to discuss the current political scenario.
Kashmiri Pandits were direct victims of Pakistan-sponsored terrorism in Kashmir, he said.
The recent massacre of Christians in a church in Peshawar should further open the eyes of the West, he said.
Outfit`s Political Affairs Committee chairman M L Raina said the recent series of programmes conducted by Panun Kashmir had given the organisation an added responsibility to carry forward its mission with renewed zeal.
It would be perfect for Panun Kashmir to organise an annual yatra to Anandpur Sahab and Chamkaur Sahab to pay obeisance, he said, adding this would inspire future generations to stand against tyranny as shown by the great sacrifice of Guru Teg Bahadur Ji Maharaj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'