Terrorists kill one in Doda, HM militant arrested in Kishtwar
Jammu: Terrorists gunned down a civilian in Doda district while security forces apprehended a militant of Hizbul Mujaheedin outfit in Kishtwar and recovered arms and ammunition from a militant hideout in Reasi district of the state, a police spokesman said here.
A group of unspecified number of HM terrorists barged
into the house of one Riaz Ahmed at Gadori-Magota in Marmat, 185 kms from here, last evening, he said.
After a brief argument the terrorists shot him dead
In another incident, Rashtriya Rifle (RR) troops and
police had a brief encounter with militants in forest area of
Nagsani, 260 kms from here, in Kishtwar district this morning,
However, security forces apprehended one HM militant,
identified as Mohammad Yusuf, after the encounter and
recovered one AK-47 rifle, 25 rounds and two Chinese hand
grenades from him.
Reports from Reasi district said that police busted a
militant hideout and recovered a cache of arms from it in
forest area of Narkote Dhara, about 95 kms from here, last
night, the spokesman said.
The recoveries included one rocket launcher, two UBGL
launchers, 115 AK rounds, 232 Pika rounds, 4 AK magzines, One
pistol magazine, six explosive packets, three hand grenades,
one wireless set, two antennas, 160 pencil cells and some
medicines, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read