Terrorists on run in J&K: Indian Army
Jammu: The Army on Tuesday said security forces
had foiled numerous infiltration attempts and terrorists were
on the run with their leadership eliminated to a great extent
in Jammu and Kashmir.
"The relentless hard work by security forces has kept
terrorists on the run in Jammu and Kashmir", General Officer
Commanding in Chief (GOC-in-C), Northern Command, Lt Gen KT
"As their numbers have dwindled and the leadership has
been eliminated to a great extent, the operations are now
entering a more difficult phase," he told troops in Akhnoor
sector along the LoC.
"This demands excellent synergy among all security
forces, intelligence agencies and the civil administration,"
the army officer said.
He expressed hope the terrorists would be dealt a final
blow in the state soon.
Lt Gen Parnaik visited the forward posts along the LoC
in Akhnoor Sector and Counter-Insurgency Forces Uniform
Headquarters and Romeo Force unit at Reasi and Maniyarwala
He also reviewed defence preparedness and on-going
counter infiltration operations in both the sectors.
Lt Gen Parnaik said security forces had foiled several
infiltration attempts but this success should not lull them
He asked the troops to maintain strict vigil along the
border to defeat nefarious designs of inimical forces who had
unleashed a proxy war in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband