‘Test fire of Agni not to lead to Indo-Pak peace’
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference Chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Saturday said the test-fire of nuclear capable Agni-V ballistic missile will not make peace between India and Pakistan but the "dangerous weapons chase" will lead to deterioration of the situation.
"On one side they are talking about trade, friendly relations and peace, and on the other side, both (India and Pakistan) are involved in a dangerous weapons race," Mirwaiz said in a statement.
Mirwaiz said the recent test-fire of Agni-V, which has a strike range of over 5,000 km, will "not lead to peace" between India and Pakistan.
"Instead it will deteriorate the situation," the Hurriyat leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra