‘Test fire of Agni not to lead to Indo-Pak peace’
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference Chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Saturday said the test-fire of nuclear capable Agni-V ballistic missile will not make peace between India and Pakistan but the "dangerous weapons chase" will lead to deterioration of the situation.
"On one side they are talking about trade, friendly relations and peace, and on the other side, both (India and Pakistan) are involved in a dangerous weapons race," Mirwaiz said in a statement.
Mirwaiz said the recent test-fire of Agni-V, which has a strike range of over 5,000 km, will "not lead to peace" between India and Pakistan.
"Instead it will deteriorate the situation," the Hurriyat leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan