Those involved in JKCA scam will be brought to justice: Farooq
Srinagar: Union Minister Farooq Abdullah on Monday said people involved in the Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) scam will be brought to justice.
"The investigation into the scam is going on and whosoever is the culprit will be punished," Abdullah told reporters here after inaugurating a cricket tournament.
He admitted that the investigations were slow in the case but assured that everyone involved in the scam will be exposed and brought to book.
"Since money has come into JKCA, the situation has gone bad...Everyone wants a share of the pie but everyone will be exposed," he said.
A multi-crore embezzlement scam was unearthed in the J&K Cricket Association earlier this year. Besides, an in-house inquiry, police is also investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA