Those involved in JKCA scam will be brought to justice: Farooq
Srinagar: Union Minister Farooq Abdullah on Monday said people involved in the Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) scam will be brought to justice.
"The investigation into the scam is going on and whosoever is the culprit will be punished," Abdullah told reporters here after inaugurating a cricket tournament.
He admitted that the investigations were slow in the case but assured that everyone involved in the scam will be exposed and brought to book.
"Since money has come into JKCA, the situation has gone bad...Everyone wants a share of the pie but everyone will be exposed," he said.
A multi-crore embezzlement scam was unearthed in the J&K Cricket Association earlier this year. Besides, an in-house inquiry, police is also investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman