Those voting for Modi should jump in sea: Farooq Abdullah
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: Union minister and National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Sunday reportedly stirred controversy after he said that those voting for Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial candidate should jump in the sea.
The senior NC leader further said that Kashmir will cease to be a part of the nation if India becomes communal.
He reportedly added that Kashmiris don`t accept communalism.
The comment by the senior leader came after explosion was heard at the union minister`s rally in Khanyar area earlier today.
Though no one was injured in the incident, police are investigating the incident suspected to be a grenade attack.
Soon after the incident, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister and NC leader`s son, Omar Abdullah, tweeted and said that there was no blast at the venue and that police are investigating the cause behind the noise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Kaka called up for Brazil's Centenary Copa America squad
- I see every day as a new day: Virat Kohli on his dream run
- Facebook's new ad cookies targets everyone!
- After its cheapest ride offer, Ola now launches luxury rides
- Narsingh Yadav selection over Sushil Kumar for 2016 Rio Olympics was fair: WFI tells HC