Those voting for Modi should jump in sea: Farooq Abdullah
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: Union minister and National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Sunday reportedly stirred controversy after he said that those voting for Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) prime ministerial candidate should jump in the sea.
The senior NC leader further said that Kashmir will cease to be a part of the nation if India becomes communal.
He reportedly added that Kashmiris don`t accept communalism.
The comment by the senior leader came after explosion was heard at the union minister`s rally in Khanyar area earlier today.
Though no one was injured in the incident, police are investigating the incident suspected to be a grenade attack.
Soon after the incident, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister and NC leader`s son, Omar Abdullah, tweeted and said that there was no blast at the venue and that police are investigating the cause behind the noise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!