Three booked for harassing over dowry
Faridabad: A case has been registered against a man and his two family members for allegedly torturing his wife over dowry in Faridabad district, police said here on Saturday.
A complaint was made by Afroz yesterday against her husband Tasleem, mother-in-law Sameena and brother-in-law Asif.
Afroz had alleged in her FIR that she was tortured ever since her marriage took place in April 27, 2009.
She alleged that they had threatened her with dire consequences if she did not give them a car and a plot of land.
Police have registered a case in the matter and investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test