Three booked for harassing over dowry
Faridabad: A case has been registered against a man and his two family members for allegedly torturing his wife over dowry in Faridabad district, police said here on Saturday.
A complaint was made by Afroz yesterday against her husband Tasleem, mother-in-law Sameena and brother-in-law Asif.
Afroz had alleged in her FIR that she was tortured ever since her marriage took place in April 27, 2009.
She alleged that they had threatened her with dire consequences if she did not give them a car and a plot of land.
Police have registered a case in the matter and investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury
- Politicians must restrain from making comments on 2nd term of Rajan: Assocham
- India's forex reserves down $121.3 mn to $360.90 bn