Three booked for harassing over dowry
Faridabad: A case has been registered against a man and his two family members for allegedly torturing his wife over dowry in Faridabad district, police said here on Saturday.
A complaint was made by Afroz yesterday against her husband Tasleem, mother-in-law Sameena and brother-in-law Asif.
Afroz had alleged in her FIR that she was tortured ever since her marriage took place in April 27, 2009.
She alleged that they had threatened her with dire consequences if she did not give them a car and a plot of land.
Police have registered a case in the matter and investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra