Three drown in Jammu and Kashmir
Srinagar: Three persons, including a boy, drowned in separate incidents in Kashmir Valley, police said on Thursday.
Eight-year-old Ishfaq Ahmad Ganie drowned while taking a bath in a water reservoir near his house at village Dewer in Kupwara district last evening, a police spokesman said.
He said Shabir Ahmad Chopan (25), a resident of Panzth village of Qazigund, drowned in a nearby spring in Kulgam district of south Kashmir on Wednesday.
Bodies of both the persons were fished out and handed over to their next of kins for last rites, the spokesman said
Body of 40-year-old unidentified person was fished out from Jhelum River near Malik Yarbal Ghat in Tankipora area on Wednesday evening, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!