Three grenades, rifle recovered in J&K
Srinagar: Three hand grenades were recovered during search operations in Kokernag forests in Anantnag district of Kashmir, police said Tuesday.
Acting on specific information, police launched a search operation in the forest area of Kokernag and recovered three rusted hand grenades, a police spokesman said. A case has been registered in this regard.
Meanwhile, security forces recovered a rifle from an orchard in Zainapora area of Shopian district in south Kashmir, he said.
Militants had opened fire on a joint party of army and police from the orchard yesterday but security forces did not retaliate due to presence of the civilians.
The ultras had left behind the rifle along with a magazine and some rounds of ammunition, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj