Three grenades, rifle recovered in J&K
Srinagar: Three hand grenades were recovered during search operations in Kokernag forests in Anantnag district of Kashmir, police said Tuesday.
Acting on specific information, police launched a search operation in the forest area of Kokernag and recovered three rusted hand grenades, a police spokesman said. A case has been registered in this regard.
Meanwhile, security forces recovered a rifle from an orchard in Zainapora area of Shopian district in south Kashmir, he said.
Militants had opened fire on a joint party of army and police from the orchard yesterday but security forces did not retaliate due to presence of the civilians.
The ultras had left behind the rifle along with a magazine and some rounds of ammunition, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof