Three grenades, rifle recovered in J&K
Srinagar: Three hand grenades were recovered during search operations in Kokernag forests in Anantnag district of Kashmir, police said Tuesday.
Acting on specific information, police launched a search operation in the forest area of Kokernag and recovered three rusted hand grenades, a police spokesman said. A case has been registered in this regard.
Meanwhile, security forces recovered a rifle from an orchard in Zainapora area of Shopian district in south Kashmir, he said.
Militants had opened fire on a joint party of army and police from the orchard yesterday but security forces did not retaliate due to presence of the civilians.
The ultras had left behind the rifle along with a magazine and some rounds of ammunition, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test