Three held for oil tanker driver murder in J&K
Srinagar: Police on Wednesday claimed to have solved the murder case of an oil tanker driver with the arrest of three persons in this connection from Jammu and Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
The arrested have been identified as Pervaiz Ahmad Ganie, his cousin Aijaz Ahmad, and Riyaz Ahmad Wani.
The fourth accused Muzaffar Ahmad in the case is still absconding and efforts are on to nab him, police said.
The oil tanker was recovered by police from Pulwama district on June 24, a day after the body of the driver Akshay Kumar Sharma was found in Qazigund, 80 km from here, in Anantang district, they said.
Sharma had left for Kashmir with fuel on June 22 but went missing en route, police said, adding that since the identity of the driver could not be established immediately, he was given a burial instead of cremation in presence of a magistrate.
Expressing concern over the killing of Sharma, Jammu and Kashmir Oil Tankers Association (JKOTA) yesterday went on an indefinite strike across the state demanding security for drivers of oil tankers in Kashmir Valley and arrest of the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31