Three held for oil tanker driver murder in J&K
Srinagar: Police on Wednesday claimed to have solved the murder case of an oil tanker driver with the arrest of three persons in this connection from Jammu and Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
The arrested have been identified as Pervaiz Ahmad Ganie, his cousin Aijaz Ahmad, and Riyaz Ahmad Wani.
The fourth accused Muzaffar Ahmad in the case is still absconding and efforts are on to nab him, police said.
The oil tanker was recovered by police from Pulwama district on June 24, a day after the body of the driver Akshay Kumar Sharma was found in Qazigund, 80 km from here, in Anantang district, they said.
Sharma had left for Kashmir with fuel on June 22 but went missing en route, police said, adding that since the identity of the driver could not be established immediately, he was given a burial instead of cremation in presence of a magistrate.
Expressing concern over the killing of Sharma, Jammu and Kashmir Oil Tankers Association (JKOTA) yesterday went on an indefinite strike across the state demanding security for drivers of oil tankers in Kashmir Valley and arrest of the killers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears