Three illegal brick kilns demolished in Budgam
Srinagar: A special squad comprising police and revenue officials demolished three illegally set up brick kilns in Budgam district of central Kashmir, an official spokesman said Wednesday.
The squad led by Additional District Development Commissioner Mohammad Akbar Ganai demolished the brick kilns at village Najan, Utligam and Poonch Gund in Beerwa tehsil, 35 kms from here, yesterday, the spokesman said.
Nearly a dozen illegally running brick kilns have been demolished by authorities in the district since the launch of a special drive early this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured