Three injured in two blasts in J&K
Jammu: Three persons, including two
children, were injured in two separate incidents in Rajouri and Jammu districts of the state, police said here Monday.
Two children were grazing their cattle when one of
them stepped over a landmine resulting in an explosion near
the Line of Control (LoC) in Pukhrni area of Nowshera tehsil
in Rajouri district last evening, they said.
In the explosion both the children, identified as
9-year-old Mohammad Yasir and 6-year-old Mohammad Asid, were
seriously injured, they said.
The injured were shifted to Nowshera hospital where
doctors referred them to Government Medical College
hospital here for specialised treatment, they said.
A case has been registered in this matter, police added.
In another incident, a 40-year-old Yashpaul sustained
critical injuries after being hit by a mortar shell in Akhnoor
tehsil of Jammu district yesterday, they said.
The injured had gone to collect firewood from nearby
forest area when he entered into a firing range Gucha Mandi
and hit a mortar shell, they said.
He was immediately shifted to Akhnoor hospital but
later shifted to GMC here for further treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list