Three killed, 7 injured as car collides with truck
Srinagar: Three persons were killed and seven others injured when the vehicle they were travelling in collided head-on with a truck on Srinagar-Jammu National Highway on Friday, police sources said.
A sports utility vehicle (SUV) carrying 10 persons collided with a truck coming from opposite direction at Barsoo near Awantipora, 35 kms from here, this afternoon.
Three of the occupants of the SUV died on the spot while seven others were injured, they added.
The SUV was on its way to Anantnag from here when the accident took place, the sources said, adding the injured were admitted to hospital where the condition of four of them was stated to be "critical".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!