Three killed in avalanche, landslides in J&K
Jammu: Three persons, including an
eight-month-old were buried alive and ten houses damaged in separate incidents of avalanche and landslide hits in Kishtwar, Ramban and Kathua districts of Jammu and Kashmir,
police said Thursday.
An avalanche hit a mud house in remote Bajarpur
mountainous village in Kishtwar district yesterday, killing
three, police said.
While Hashim Din, the mud house owner managed to escape
unhurt, his wife Saleema along with their son Suleman and
eight-month-old baby were buried under the snow, they said.
Their bodies were recovered later by villagers.
In other incidents yesterday in Ramban district, 3 houses
were damaged due to an avalanche in Krapur and Asran remote
mountainous villages, while six houses suffered damage when a
landslide triggered by heavy rains hit Surjan village in Bani
mountainous belt in Kathua district.
No casualty has been reported in these areas, they said
adding that the families have been shifted to safer places in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!