Three killed in avalanche, landslides in J&K
Jammu: Three persons, including an
eight-month-old were buried alive and ten houses damaged in separate incidents of avalanche and landslide hits in Kishtwar, Ramban and Kathua districts of Jammu and Kashmir,
police said Thursday.
An avalanche hit a mud house in remote Bajarpur
mountainous village in Kishtwar district yesterday, killing
three, police said.
While Hashim Din, the mud house owner managed to escape
unhurt, his wife Saleema along with their son Suleman and
eight-month-old baby were buried under the snow, they said.
Their bodies were recovered later by villagers.
In other incidents yesterday in Ramban district, 3 houses
were damaged due to an avalanche in Krapur and Asran remote
mountainous villages, while six houses suffered damage when a
landslide triggered by heavy rains hit Surjan village in Bani
mountainous belt in Kathua district.
No casualty has been reported in these areas, they said
adding that the families have been shifted to safer places in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'