Three killed in avalanche, landslides in J&K
Jammu: Three persons, including an
eight-month-old were buried alive and ten houses damaged in separate incidents of avalanche and landslide hits in Kishtwar, Ramban and Kathua districts of Jammu and Kashmir,
police said Thursday.
An avalanche hit a mud house in remote Bajarpur
mountainous village in Kishtwar district yesterday, killing
three, police said.
While Hashim Din, the mud house owner managed to escape
unhurt, his wife Saleema along with their son Suleman and
eight-month-old baby were buried under the snow, they said.
Their bodies were recovered later by villagers.
In other incidents yesterday in Ramban district, 3 houses
were damaged due to an avalanche in Krapur and Asran remote
mountainous villages, while six houses suffered damage when a
landslide triggered by heavy rains hit Surjan village in Bani
mountainous belt in Kathua district.
No casualty has been reported in these areas, they said
adding that the families have been shifted to safer places in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok