Three killed in Kashmir explosion
Jammu: Three people were killed in Jammu and Kashmir Sunday when some labourers lit a fire to keep themselves warm, accidentally setting off explosives meant to blast rocks, officials said.
A police officer said that all three victims were building a road about 100 km away from Udhampur town.
They were lighting a fire in Gouri Meeti Ladaa village when the blast took place. One of them died instantly.
Two others succumbed to injuries while being taken to a hospital.
"The explosion took place accidentally as blasting material used in road construction was lying in a packet and came in contact with the fire," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!