Three killed in Kashmir explosion
Jammu: Three people were killed in Jammu and Kashmir Sunday when some labourers lit a fire to keep themselves warm, accidentally setting off explosives meant to blast rocks, officials said.
A police officer said that all three victims were building a road about 100 km away from Udhampur town.
They were lighting a fire in Gouri Meeti Ladaa village when the blast took place. One of them died instantly.
Two others succumbed to injuries while being taken to a hospital.
"The explosion took place accidentally as blasting material used in road construction was lying in a packet and came in contact with the fire," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion