Three killed in mishap in J&K
Srinagar: Three persons were killed and two others critically injured when a car rammed into a roadside tree on the Srinagar-Jammu national highway, police said Friday.
Sartaj Ahmad Mir, his sister Bilqeesa and Gul Mohammad Bhat died on the spot when the car driver lost control over the vehicle and hit the tree at Nambal area of Awantipora, 32 kms from here, late last night, they said.
Two other persons travelling in the vehicle were critically injured in the accident and were hospitalised.
The injured were identified as Shamim Ahmad Bhat and Mehra, the spokesman said, adding all the five were hailing from Punai village of Kulgam district in south Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok