Three killed in mishap in J&K
Srinagar: Three persons were killed and two others critically injured when a car rammed into a roadside tree on the Srinagar-Jammu national highway, police said Friday.
Sartaj Ahmad Mir, his sister Bilqeesa and Gul Mohammad Bhat died on the spot when the car driver lost control over the vehicle and hit the tree at Nambal area of Awantipora, 32 kms from here, late last night, they said.
Two other persons travelling in the vehicle were critically injured in the accident and were hospitalised.
The injured were identified as Shamim Ahmad Bhat and Mehra, the spokesman said, adding all the five were hailing from Punai village of Kulgam district in south Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why