Three LeT militants, civilian killed in Pulwama encounter
Srinagar: Three Lashkar-e-Toiba militants, including two from Pakistan, and an elderly woman
were killed in an encounter with security forces in Pulwama
district of South Kashmir on Monday.
Four jawans were also injured in the encounter but
they were all out of danger, police said.
The encounter broke out at Amlar-Tral, 50 kms from
here, this morning when the militants hiding in a house in the
village opened fire on a joint search party of police and
CRPF, they said.
The wife of the house owner, Taja, died in the
shootout between the militants and the police.
Two of the slain militants were Pakistani nationals,
"We had information that two Pakistani terrorists had
infiltrated into South Kashmir for a suicide attack. We were
after them and ultimately we tracked them down in the village
in Tral," IG, Kashmir, Farooq Ahmed said.
Three militants -- two hailing from Multan in Pakistan
and a local terrorist -- were killed, he said, adding
unfortunately the old lady also died in the cross firing.
"We cordoned off the village early this morning. We
came under heavy fire thereafter as a result of which three
jawans of CRPF and one from Jammu and Kashmir Police got
injured but they are all out of danger," Ahmed said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling