Three-member panel constituted in J&K
Srinagar: A new-born baby died at a
hospital here allegedly due to negligence of doctors following which a three-member committee has been constituted by the
Jammu and Kashmir government to investigate the matter.
The baby, born to Hajira at Lal Ded Maternity hospital
on December 17, died yesterday at the children`s hospital
where he was rushed for treatment.
Although doctors attending on him said the baby died
due to cardio-pulmonary arrest, his father S A Khaliq alleged
that the baby was administered an expired drug on Saturday
Assuring the family of a fair probe, Minister for
Medical Education R S Chib constituted the three-member
committee to investigate the matter which include Dr Muzafar
Jan, Dr Reyaz Ahmad and Dr Kuzes Dolma.
The committee has been asked to submit its report
within seven days so that action is taken against the guilty,
the spokesman said.
Earlier, Chib visited Lal Ded Hospital and inspected
the pace of work of additional block going on in the hospital
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog