Three-member panel constituted in J&K
Srinagar: A new-born baby died at a
hospital here allegedly due to negligence of doctors following which a three-member committee has been constituted by the
Jammu and Kashmir government to investigate the matter.
The baby, born to Hajira at Lal Ded Maternity hospital
on December 17, died yesterday at the children`s hospital
where he was rushed for treatment.
Although doctors attending on him said the baby died
due to cardio-pulmonary arrest, his father S A Khaliq alleged
that the baby was administered an expired drug on Saturday
Assuring the family of a fair probe, Minister for
Medical Education R S Chib constituted the three-member
committee to investigate the matter which include Dr Muzafar
Jan, Dr Reyaz Ahmad and Dr Kuzes Dolma.
The committee has been asked to submit its report
within seven days so that action is taken against the guilty,
the spokesman said.
Earlier, Chib visited Lal Ded Hospital and inspected
the pace of work of additional block going on in the hospital
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'