Three-member panel constituted in J&K
Srinagar: A new-born baby died at a
hospital here allegedly due to negligence of doctors following which a three-member committee has been constituted by the
Jammu and Kashmir government to investigate the matter.
The baby, born to Hajira at Lal Ded Maternity hospital
on December 17, died yesterday at the children`s hospital
where he was rushed for treatment.
Although doctors attending on him said the baby died
due to cardio-pulmonary arrest, his father S A Khaliq alleged
that the baby was administered an expired drug on Saturday
Assuring the family of a fair probe, Minister for
Medical Education R S Chib constituted the three-member
committee to investigate the matter which include Dr Muzafar
Jan, Dr Reyaz Ahmad and Dr Kuzes Dolma.
The committee has been asked to submit its report
within seven days so that action is taken against the guilty,
the spokesman said.
Earlier, Chib visited Lal Ded Hospital and inspected
the pace of work of additional block going on in the hospital
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Stem cells injection could ward off glaucoma
- Japan police search home of suspect in stabbing spree
- 5 affordable hatchbacks with first-in-class features –Check out
- Twitter's Android app makes night-time tweeting easy
- Chinese troops camp in Uttarakhand's Chamoli, PLA helicopter violates Indian airspace