Three-member panel constituted in J&K
Srinagar: A new-born baby died at a
hospital here allegedly due to negligence of doctors following which a three-member committee has been constituted by the
Jammu and Kashmir government to investigate the matter.
The baby, born to Hajira at Lal Ded Maternity hospital
on December 17, died yesterday at the children`s hospital
where he was rushed for treatment.
Although doctors attending on him said the baby died
due to cardio-pulmonary arrest, his father S A Khaliq alleged
that the baby was administered an expired drug on Saturday
Assuring the family of a fair probe, Minister for
Medical Education R S Chib constituted the three-member
committee to investigate the matter which include Dr Muzafar
Jan, Dr Reyaz Ahmad and Dr Kuzes Dolma.
The committee has been asked to submit its report
within seven days so that action is taken against the guilty,
the spokesman said.
Earlier, Chib visited Lal Ded Hospital and inspected
the pace of work of additional block going on in the hospital
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!