Three-member panel constituted in J&K
Srinagar: A new-born baby died at a
hospital here allegedly due to negligence of doctors following which a three-member committee has been constituted by the
Jammu and Kashmir government to investigate the matter.
The baby, born to Hajira at Lal Ded Maternity hospital
on December 17, died yesterday at the children`s hospital
where he was rushed for treatment.
Although doctors attending on him said the baby died
due to cardio-pulmonary arrest, his father S A Khaliq alleged
that the baby was administered an expired drug on Saturday
Assuring the family of a fair probe, Minister for
Medical Education R S Chib constituted the three-member
committee to investigate the matter which include Dr Muzafar
Jan, Dr Reyaz Ahmad and Dr Kuzes Dolma.
The committee has been asked to submit its report
within seven days so that action is taken against the guilty,
the spokesman said.
Earlier, Chib visited Lal Ded Hospital and inspected
the pace of work of additional block going on in the hospital
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you