Three militants, army jawan killed in encounters in Rajouri
Jammu: Three militants and an army jawan
were killed and two policemen were injured in two separate
gunbattles in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir today,
security officials said.
Acting on a tip off, army and police personnel launched a
cordon-and-search operation in LambiBeri-Tilnai Khoo forests
in Kandi Bhudal belt of Rajouri district against militants
trying to infiltrate from across the border, they said.
During search operation in the area, in which five to
six militants were trapped, army and police came under heavy
firing and hit back, triggering a fierce gunbattle at 1630
hours, the officials said.
In the gunbattle that raged till late in the evening, two
militants and an army jawan were killed and another injured,
they said adding two to three militants are still trapped.
The injured jawan was airlifted to the military hospital
in critical condition, they said adding additional troops have
been rushed to the spot and bodies are yet to be recovered.
Police and troops, who were searching for a group of
infiltrating militants, finally trapped the militants in
Triyath area of the same district this evening, they said
adding militants fired on the search party led by Additional
SP R K Bhat, setting off another gunfight.
One militant was killed and SHO of Dharamshal police
station Showkat Ali injured at Triyath, the officials said
adding four to five militants are trapped in the cordon as the
gunbattle escalated. The body of the militant is yet to be
Officials suspect this is the same infiltrating group
of militants two of whose Pakistani members were killed in
Dharamshal area on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested