Three militants killed in Kashmir encounters
Srinagar: Security forces on Saturday killed
three militants, including two who had allegedly snatched
rifles from policemen in Kulgam district earlier this week, in
separate operations in Shopian and Sopore areas of Kashmir
Acting on specific information, security forces last
night launched a search operation in Lehend-Habdipora area of
the Shopian district, 52 kms from here, officials said here.
They said an encounter broke out between the hiding
militants and security forces late last night and ended this
morning with the killing of both the ultras.
The deceased militants have been identified as Ishfaq
Ahmad Chopan and Khursheed Ahmad Ittoo, both residents of
Shopian district, the officials said.
They were suspected to be involved in the attack on
policemen in Yaripora area of Kulgam district on Monday as the
INSAS and AK 47 rifles, snatched from the cops, were recovered
from the scene of the gunbattle.
An unidentified militant was killed in a separate
encounter in Muslim peer area of Sopore town in Baramulla
district, 55 kms from here, the officials said.
Security forces launched an operation after receiving
information about presence of militants in Muslim Peer area.
The militants took refuge in a medical shop and started firing
on the security forces, they said.
The security forces returned the fire and so far one
ultra has been killed, the officials added.
The killing of the three ultras comes two days after
two militants, including top Jaish-e-Mohammad commander Sajjad
Afghani, were killed in a shootout in Foreshore road area of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves