Three more Amarnath pilgrims die; toll rises to 88
Kucha, who had offered his prayers at the cave shrine last evening and was returning to the base camp, had apparently died of cardiac arrest, the officials said.
Meanwhile, body of an unidentified pilgrim was recovered from a tent at Baltal yesterday. Efforts are on to establish his identity.
Another yatri ANS Molly of Andhra Pradesh died of heart failure at the cave last evening, the officials said.
They said the yatra is going on smoothly and so far over 5.40 lakh pilgrims had offered prayers at the cave shrine housing the naturally formed ice-shivlingam.
A total of 5,30,044 pilgrims had visited the cave shrine by last evening, while 10,000 more offered prayers by this afternoon, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan