Three more Amarnath pilgrims die; toll rises to 88
Kucha, who had offered his prayers at the cave shrine last evening and was returning to the base camp, had apparently died of cardiac arrest, the officials said.
Meanwhile, body of an unidentified pilgrim was recovered from a tent at Baltal yesterday. Efforts are on to establish his identity.
Another yatri ANS Molly of Andhra Pradesh died of heart failure at the cave last evening, the officials said.
They said the yatra is going on smoothly and so far over 5.40 lakh pilgrims had offered prayers at the cave shrine housing the naturally formed ice-shivlingam.
A total of 5,30,044 pilgrims had visited the cave shrine by last evening, while 10,000 more offered prayers by this afternoon, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement