Three more Amarnath pilgrims die; toll rises to 88
Kucha, who had offered his prayers at the cave shrine last evening and was returning to the base camp, had apparently died of cardiac arrest, the officials said.
Meanwhile, body of an unidentified pilgrim was recovered from a tent at Baltal yesterday. Efforts are on to establish his identity.
Another yatri ANS Molly of Andhra Pradesh died of heart failure at the cave last evening, the officials said.
They said the yatra is going on smoothly and so far over 5.40 lakh pilgrims had offered prayers at the cave shrine housing the naturally formed ice-shivlingam.
A total of 5,30,044 pilgrims had visited the cave shrine by last evening, while 10,000 more offered prayers by this afternoon, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Pakistan's Hafiz Saeed managed the ISIS attack in Kabul that killed 80 people?
- The list of top 10 most valuable football clubs is out – See here!
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day