Three more Amarnath pilgrims die; toll rises to 88
Kucha, who had offered his prayers at the cave shrine last evening and was returning to the base camp, had apparently died of cardiac arrest, the officials said.
Meanwhile, body of an unidentified pilgrim was recovered from a tent at Baltal yesterday. Efforts are on to establish his identity.
Another yatri ANS Molly of Andhra Pradesh died of heart failure at the cave last evening, the officials said.
They said the yatra is going on smoothly and so far over 5.40 lakh pilgrims had offered prayers at the cave shrine housing the naturally formed ice-shivlingam.
A total of 5,30,044 pilgrims had visited the cave shrine by last evening, while 10,000 more offered prayers by this afternoon, the officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre