Three newspapers sealed in Jammu
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has sealed the presses of three newspapers in Jammu for "printing inflammatory material".
The printing presses were sealed Thursday night and the publications suspended indefinitely on the orders of Jammu Deputy Commissioner M.K. Dwivedi.
"According to him, three newspapers (The Shadow, Early Times and Glimpses of Future) were publishing inflammatory material," said a notice served on the three English newspapers published from Jammu.
The action has come after some reports suggested that a Hindu temple in the south Kashmir town of Anantnag had come under a mob attack, though it was denied strongly by the administration.
An official release quoting Deputy Commissioner, Anantnag, J.P. Singh, said the "reports were baseless". The temple was intact.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH