Three newspapers sealed in Jammu
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has sealed the presses of three newspapers in Jammu for "printing inflammatory material".
The printing presses were sealed Thursday night and the publications suspended indefinitely on the orders of Jammu Deputy Commissioner M.K. Dwivedi.
"According to him, three newspapers (The Shadow, Early Times and Glimpses of Future) were publishing inflammatory material," said a notice served on the three English newspapers published from Jammu.
The action has come after some reports suggested that a Hindu temple in the south Kashmir town of Anantnag had come under a mob attack, though it was denied strongly by the administration.
An official release quoting Deputy Commissioner, Anantnag, J.P. Singh, said the "reports were baseless". The temple was intact.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened