Three police officers arrested in Amandeep murder case in Jammu
Jammu: The SIT, probing the murder of a
former NC legislator`s son, has arrested three police
officers, including SSP Jammu Manohar Singh, now under
suspension, in connection with the case.
Besides Singh, the two other officers arrested late Sunday night were SHO of Gandhi Nagar Police station Sultan Mirza and
Sub-Inspector Satnam Singh, who was investigating officer in
the case, police said here today.
The three were among the six police officers earlier
suspended by the government for their alleged role in fudging
the evidence and changing the weapon of offence.
The state government had constituted a five-member SIT
team headed by DIG (Jammu-Kathua) Farooq Khan to probe the
murder of Amandeep Singh, son of Depinder Kour and the role of
suspended officers in the case of tampering of evidence.
The team was now looking for three persons -- businessman
Choudhary Nagar Singh (father of the prime accused Jatinder
Singh alias Raja), Ujjagar Singh and Rakesh Singh (both
brothers of Nagar Singh), who had distributed a huge amount in
cash and kind among police and FSL officials to tamper with
the evidence and shield the accused, they said.
Police had earlier arrested J&K FSL ballistic expert
Sarwar Hussain Bukhari and recovered Rs 3.10 lakh from him, which
he had received from the relatives of the accused to tamper
with the evidence, they said, adding two other FSL officials
had also been taken into custody.
The police and FSL officials were arrested as their
custodial interrogation was necessitated as entire suspicion
on destruction of evidence hovered around them during
questioning and cross examination, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP