Three smugglers arrested with two kgs of cannabis in Jammu
Jammu: Three narcotic smugglers were
arrested and two kg of cannabis was allegedly seized from
their possession from Bari Brahamana area in Jammu division, a
police officer said Tuesday.
On a tip off, police intercepted a vehicle at Bari
Brahamana area, about 20-kms from here, in Samba district.
During a search, the security men recovered two kgs of
cannabis from the trio yesterday, SSP Samba Raghubir Singh
The three smugglers, who were taking the consignment
to Punjab from Kashmir, were arrested immediately by a police
party led by Dy SP Bari Brahamana Naresh Singh, he said.
The accused have been identified as Sumit Kumar,
Sudershan Singh and Irshad Ahmed, all belonging to Patnitop
area of Udhampur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan