Three students killed in mishap in J&K
Srinagar: Three students, including two girls were killed and six other persons injured when the vehicle they were travelling in fell into a deep gorge in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh region, police said on Wednesday.
The mishap took place at Wanlado near Lamayuru in Leh, 434 kms from here, last evening when the driver lost control over the cab, which skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge, they said.
The students, who were studying in Jammu, were returning home.
Rescue teams immediately swung into action and recovered the bodies of three students and evacuated six other injured to a nearby hospital where condition of two of them was stated to be critical, police said
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah condoled the death of the students, describing it most "unfortunate" and "heartbreaking".
He expressed solidarity with the bereaved families, conveyed his sympathy to them and prayed for eternal peace to the departed souls.
In another accident on Srinagr-Leh National highway, police said four persons were injured when a cab collided with a private car near Prang, 35 kms from here.
The injured were hospitalised, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!