Three students killed in mishap in J&K
Srinagar: Three students, including two girls were killed and six other persons injured when the vehicle they were travelling in fell into a deep gorge in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh region, police said on Wednesday.
The mishap took place at Wanlado near Lamayuru in Leh, 434 kms from here, last evening when the driver lost control over the cab, which skidded off the road and fell into a deep gorge, they said.
The students, who were studying in Jammu, were returning home.
Rescue teams immediately swung into action and recovered the bodies of three students and evacuated six other injured to a nearby hospital where condition of two of them was stated to be critical, police said
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah condoled the death of the students, describing it most "unfortunate" and "heartbreaking".
He expressed solidarity with the bereaved families, conveyed his sympathy to them and prayed for eternal peace to the departed souls.
In another accident on Srinagr-Leh National highway, police said four persons were injured when a cab collided with a private car near Prang, 35 kms from here.
The injured were hospitalised, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Spine chilling! French swimmer Yannick Agnel promises to swim around the Nordic island if Iceland win Euro 2016
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open
- Opal-studded meteorite points towards evolution of water on Earth!
- 'Rock On 2': Arjun Rampal clears air about spat with Purab Kohli, says it's 'fake news'!
- Despite ban, 15 alcohol factories still active in Bihar?