Three surrendered Hizbul militants among 4 held for 2001 killings
Jammu: Four persons, including three surrendered Hijbul-Mujaheedin militants, were on Monday arrested for allegedly gunning down seven persons 12 years ago.
On November 30, 2001, 12 militants disguised in army and police uniforms had shot dead seven youths, including four Village Defence Committee (VDC) members, in Chakka Galiote area of Udhampur district.
"Top commanders of Hijbul Mujahideen operating in Gool areas had hatched conspiracy to execute massacre of VDC members at Chakka Galiote village.
Four persons including three former militants of Hizbul have been arrested," SSP Udhampur, Ashkoor Wani told reporters at Udhampur, 65 kms from here today.
"Farooq Ahmed, Manzoor Ahmed, Abdul Latif and Mohd Din, all residents of Ramban, have been arrested," he said.
Three of them were top ranking commanders of Hizbul Mujahideen, he said.
The SSP said that some other top ranking militants of Gool areas were also involved in the killing and are absconding.
"More arrests may not be ruled out. All the accused have been remanded to police custody for seven days by a court and a probe is on," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot