Three tourists killed in cab explosion in J&K
Srinagar: Three women tourists from Maharashtra were killed and five others were injured in a gas cylinder explosion inside a tourist cab on Saturday at Bijbehara in South Kashmir`s Anantnag district, police said.
The explosion took place inside the cab at Bijbehara, 45 kms from here, resulting in on-the-spot death of two women and injuries to six others, the police said, adding that the identity of the deceased could not be ascertained yet.
Four of the injured -- all women -- have been referred to a hospital here in critical condition.
One of the injured -- Nirmala (60) -- succumbed to injuries at SKIMS hospital here, they said.
The other injured have been identified as Geeta (50), Indira Parvatai (73), Neeta (54), Jaishree (65) and Jaswanti (72).
Although a gas cylinder had exploded inside the car, a forensic team has been sent to investigate into other possibilities, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir