Three ultras arrested in J&K
Srinagar: Three Pakistan-trained ultras, who had recently infiltrated into the Valley from across the border, were arrested on Wednesday in north Kashmir`s Kupwara district, police said.
Naseer Ahmad Qureshi alias Shahbaz, Farooq Ahmad Bhat alias Abid and Mohammad Yousuf alias Khalid were arrested by a police party during checking at Kulangam near Handwara, 85 km from here, a police spokesman said.
The trio had recently infiltrated after undergoing arms training in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir.
No arms were recovered from the possession of the arrested militants, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list