Time for India, Pak to take concrete steps: PDP
Jammu: Stressing that dialogue is the only means to solve all vexed problems, PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed today said India and Pakistan should take "concrete" steps to take the peace and reconciliation process to its logical conclusion.
Addressing public meetings at Simbal Camp area of R S Pura assembly segment, Sayeed said that situation in Pakistan has changed and it was also giving encouraging response to the dialogue process.
"Atmosphere is conducive for initiating some concrete steps for resolution of this problem," he said,a dding that it was also a desire of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to solve the Kashmir problem.
He, however, emphasised on the need to evolve a consensus on Kashmir issue.
While pointing towards some bold initiatives taken to ease trade on Wagha border, he said that Indo-Pak dialogue was again on track and it needed to be complemented with action from both sides.
"The process of the state`s political and economic transformation started by the PDP has to be taken to the logical conclusion with the peaceful and amicable settlement of the Kashmir issue," he said.
Responding to the demands raised by the local people at Simbal camp, he said issues of refugees from Muzaffarabad, Poonch and Haveli would be incorporated in PDP`s agenda.
"Problems of these refugees would be part of negotiations on Kashmir," he said.
Speaking at the meeting, Muzaffar Hussain Beig regretted that `safai karmacharies` who were brought to state in 1957 have been struggling to get basic rights.
He assured the gathering that the PDP would take up their issues vociferously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees