Time not far for Rahul Gandhi to become PM: Farooq Abdullah
Sonamarg: Union Minister Farooq Abdullah on Thursday said time was not far when Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi will become the Prime Minister and advised him to look up to his mother Sonia Gandhi for inspiration to fight his adversaries.
"Time is not far when Rahul will be the Prime Minister. There will be troubles along the way but he can look up to his mother who has remained steadfast to fight the adversaries and make Congress party strong," Abdullah said at a function here, 85 km from Srinagar.
In an apparent advice to third generation leaders from Abdullah and Gandhi families - Omar and Rahul - the Union Minister said there will be problems along their way but they should remain steadfast in their endeavours.
"Jawaharlal Nehru and Sheikh Abdullah joined hands for a progressive Kashmir. You (Rahul and Omar) should carry forward that work," he said.
"I want to tell Rahul Gandhi that we are Indians and shall remain Indians till we live. We should join hands for a prosperous Kashmir and prosperous India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New violence as Paris police break up youth protest
- China, Russia rap US missile defence plan in S Korea
- WATCH: Dance-off! Hardik Pandya vs Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle - Who did it better?
- Indian's body to be brought back from Saudi tomorrow: HC told
- Talks important to end hostility between India, Pakistan; Muslim nations worst victims of terrorism: Mehbooba Mufti