Time not far for Rahul Gandhi to become PM: Farooq Abdullah
Sonamarg: Union Minister Farooq Abdullah on Thursday said time was not far when Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi will become the Prime Minister and advised him to look up to his mother Sonia Gandhi for inspiration to fight his adversaries.
"Time is not far when Rahul will be the Prime Minister. There will be troubles along the way but he can look up to his mother who has remained steadfast to fight the adversaries and make Congress party strong," Abdullah said at a function here, 85 km from Srinagar.
In an apparent advice to third generation leaders from Abdullah and Gandhi families - Omar and Rahul - the Union Minister said there will be problems along their way but they should remain steadfast in their endeavours.
"Jawaharlal Nehru and Sheikh Abdullah joined hands for a progressive Kashmir. You (Rahul and Omar) should carry forward that work," he said.
"I want to tell Rahul Gandhi that we are Indians and shall remain Indians till we live. We should join hands for a prosperous Kashmir and prosperous India," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!