Timebound action plan needed to resolve Kashmir crisis: Paswan
New Delhi: Seeking a timebound action plan to resolve the Kashmir crisis, LJP chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Wednesday favoured unconditional talks with all sections including separatists and withdrawal of Armed Forces Special Powers Act from the troubled state.
Paswan, who was a member of the all-party delegation which has just returned from the state, told reporters that the government should consider maximum possible autonomy for the state given its special status and historical background.
"I appeal to the Prime Minister to initiate necessary timebound action plan on the basis of findings of all party delegation to provide relief to the suffering people and to address their genuine problems," he said.
Paswan, who was in the all-party teams which met Syed Ali Shah Geelani and Yasin Malik, made a strong plea for talks with all sections in the state including separatists for return of peace in the Valley.
When pointed out that there were differences in the delegation with some of the members individually meeting separatist leaders in the Valley, Paswan said "all of us were of the same view except BJP. BJP can never agree to a
unanimous view. It will not agree (to any common view) after September 24 (when the Allahabad High Court verdict on the Ram Janmabhoomi/Babri Masjid title suit is scheduled to be delivered)".
The LJP chief said that the decision to visit individual leaders was not taken secretly.
Paswan wanted release of political prisoners in the state. He also claimed that most of those arrested under the Public Safety Act were innocent and should be released to create a positive atmosphere in the state.
He demanded a compensation of RS 20 lakh to families of those who were killed in the recent violence and government jobs to one member each of such families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested