Togadia not allowed entry into Kashmir
Jammu: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Pravin Togadia was on Thursday barred from entering Jammu, with a police official saying his presence could lead "law and order" problems.
Togadia was sent back after his flight from Delhi landed. He was to attend several programmes in the Jammu region during a two-day visit.
"Law and order reasons necessitated the action," a police official told a news agency. He said Togadia was told that his presence could lead to tensions.
VHP supporters then raised anti-government slogans outside the Jammu airport. "The government`s policy is to appease anti-national elements," a VHP activist said.
Police sources said officials apprehended trouble because Togadia is known for making fiery speeches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!