Togadia not allowed entry into Kashmir
Jammu: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Pravin Togadia was on Thursday barred from entering Jammu, with a police official saying his presence could lead "law and order" problems.
Togadia was sent back after his flight from Delhi landed. He was to attend several programmes in the Jammu region during a two-day visit.
"Law and order reasons necessitated the action," a police official told a news agency. He said Togadia was told that his presence could lead to tensions.
VHP supporters then raised anti-government slogans outside the Jammu airport. "The government`s policy is to appease anti-national elements," a VHP activist said.
Police sources said officials apprehended trouble because Togadia is known for making fiery speeches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur