Togadia not allowed entry into Kashmir
Jammu: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Pravin Togadia was on Thursday barred from entering Jammu, with a police official saying his presence could lead "law and order" problems.
Togadia was sent back after his flight from Delhi landed. He was to attend several programmes in the Jammu region during a two-day visit.
"Law and order reasons necessitated the action," a police official told a news agency. He said Togadia was told that his presence could lead to tensions.
VHP supporters then raised anti-government slogans outside the Jammu airport. "The government`s policy is to appease anti-national elements," a VHP activist said.
Police sources said officials apprehended trouble because Togadia is known for making fiery speeches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai