Togadia not allowed entry into Kashmir
Jammu: Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Pravin Togadia was on Thursday barred from entering Jammu, with a police official saying his presence could lead "law and order" problems.
Togadia was sent back after his flight from Delhi landed. He was to attend several programmes in the Jammu region during a two-day visit.
"Law and order reasons necessitated the action," a police official told a news agency. He said Togadia was told that his presence could lead to tensions.
VHP supporters then raised anti-government slogans outside the Jammu airport. "The government`s policy is to appease anti-national elements," a VHP activist said.
Police sources said officials apprehended trouble because Togadia is known for making fiery speeches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof