Togadia packed off from Jammu airport
Jammu: VHP leader Praveen Togadia was on Thursday detained by the police at Jammu airport and sent back by authorities, fearing law and order disturbance.
"I have been detained at the Jammu Airport and not allowed to move out of the complex," the Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader said.
"I was served notice by the Additional Deputy Commissioner Jammu which said that I will not be allowed to enter Jammu as it will create law and order problem," Togadia said.
The VHP leader said, "They did not allow me to exercise my fundamental rights as a citizen of India".
Following the incident, VHP and Bajrang Dal activists protested outside the airport claiming the VHP leader was not even allowed to meet them.
The VHP leader said he told authorities there was not a single example where his visit or speech had triggered any law and order problem across the country or in Jammu and Kashmir.
"I was on two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir to hear complaints of community about J&K government`s discrimination in jobs, employment, education, trade, security and religious rights during the visit," he said.
Togadia, who arrived in Delhi-Jammu flight `S241 Jet` plane around 11:20 hours, was served notice by the Additional Deputy Commissioner Jammu, Arya Sharma that he will not be allowed to enter by Jammu Police fearing law and order problem, District Development Commissioner Jammu, Sanjeev Verma said.
Verma said Togadia was not allowed to come out of the airport and has been sent back.
The step was taken by the state government in view of last year`s visit of Togadia to Rajouri district, where his provocative speech triggered tension between two communities.
Police had booked Togadia for allegedly hurting the sentiments of a community at a public rally in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir on March 4 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government