Top army commander briefs J&K Governor on infiltration in Keran Sector
Srinagar: Northern Army Command chief Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra on Monday called on Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra here and briefed him about large-scale infiltration from across the Line of Control in Keran Sector.
"Lt Gen Chachra called on the Governor at Raj Bhavan this evening and briefed him about incidents of large-scale infiltration from across the LoC in Keran Sector," an official spokesman said.
He said Vohra and the Army Commander also discussed issues relating to internal and external security management.
Corps Commander of Srinagar-based 15 Corps Lt Gen Gurmit Singh was present during the meeting, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days