Top army commander briefs J&K Governor on infiltration in Keran Sector
Srinagar: Northern Army Command chief Lt Gen Sanjiv Chachra on Monday called on Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra here and briefed him about large-scale infiltration from across the Line of Control in Keran Sector.
"Lt Gen Chachra called on the Governor at Raj Bhavan this evening and briefed him about incidents of large-scale infiltration from across the LoC in Keran Sector," an official spokesman said.
He said Vohra and the Army Commander also discussed issues relating to internal and external security management.
Corps Commander of Srinagar-based 15 Corps Lt Gen Gurmit Singh was present during the meeting, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'