Top Army commander meets J&K Governor
Srinagar: Days after a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Bemina locality of central Srinagar which left five jawans and two militants dead, a top Army commander today met Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra here and briefed him about the existing security situation in the Valley.
General Officer Commanding of Srinagar-based Chinar Corps Lt Gen Om Prakash called on Vohra at the Raj Bhavan and discussed issues relating to internal and external security management, a defence spokesman said. The meeting lasted over an hour.
The meeting comes barely three days after militants launched a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Bemina locality of central Srinagar which left five jawans and two ultras dead.
The meeting also assumes significance as the Kashmir valley is on the boil since the hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru on February 9 and the clashes between the protestors and law enforcing agencies have so far left six people dead and scores of others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America