Top Army commander meets J&K Governor
Srinagar: Days after a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Bemina locality of central Srinagar which left five jawans and two militants dead, a top Army commander today met Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra here and briefed him about the existing security situation in the Valley.
General Officer Commanding of Srinagar-based Chinar Corps Lt Gen Om Prakash called on Vohra at the Raj Bhavan and discussed issues relating to internal and external security management, a defence spokesman said. The meeting lasted over an hour.
The meeting comes barely three days after militants launched a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Bemina locality of central Srinagar which left five jawans and two ultras dead.
The meeting also assumes significance as the Kashmir valley is on the boil since the hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru on February 9 and the clashes between the protestors and law enforcing agencies have so far left six people dead and scores of others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's
- Indonesia's Mount Sinabung continues eruption
- Congress, BJP quote Mirza Ghalib to spar over Modi govt's two years in power
- Renault forays into pre-owned car biz in India
- When Luna the husky demanded belly rubs during car ride – Watch the adorable moment!