Top Army commander meets J&K Governor
Srinagar: Days after a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Bemina locality of central Srinagar which left five jawans and two militants dead, a top Army commander today met Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra here and briefed him about the existing security situation in the Valley.
General Officer Commanding of Srinagar-based Chinar Corps Lt Gen Om Prakash called on Vohra at the Raj Bhavan and discussed issues relating to internal and external security management, a defence spokesman said. The meeting lasted over an hour.
The meeting comes barely three days after militants launched a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Bemina locality of central Srinagar which left five jawans and two ultras dead.
The meeting also assumes significance as the Kashmir valley is on the boil since the hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru on February 9 and the clashes between the protestors and law enforcing agencies have so far left six people dead and scores of others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa