Top Army commander meets J&K Governor
Srinagar: Days after a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Bemina locality of central Srinagar which left five jawans and two militants dead, a top Army commander today met Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra here and briefed him about the existing security situation in the Valley.
General Officer Commanding of Srinagar-based Chinar Corps Lt Gen Om Prakash called on Vohra at the Raj Bhavan and discussed issues relating to internal and external security management, a defence spokesman said. The meeting lasted over an hour.
The meeting comes barely three days after militants launched a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Bemina locality of central Srinagar which left five jawans and two ultras dead.
The meeting also assumes significance as the Kashmir valley is on the boil since the hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru on February 9 and the clashes between the protestors and law enforcing agencies have so far left six people dead and scores of others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'