Top Army commander meets J&K Governor
Srinagar: Days after a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Bemina locality of central Srinagar which left five jawans and two militants dead, a top Army commander today met Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra here and briefed him about the existing security situation in the Valley.
General Officer Commanding of Srinagar-based Chinar Corps Lt Gen Om Prakash called on Vohra at the Raj Bhavan and discussed issues relating to internal and external security management, a defence spokesman said. The meeting lasted over an hour.
The meeting comes barely three days after militants launched a suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Bemina locality of central Srinagar which left five jawans and two ultras dead.
The meeting also assumes significance as the Kashmir valley is on the boil since the hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru on February 9 and the clashes between the protestors and law enforcing agencies have so far left six people dead and scores of others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends