Top Army officer calls on J&K Governor, CM
Srinagar: General Officer Commanding in Chief of Army`s Northern Command Lt General DS Hooda today called on Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to discuss security related issues.
"Lt Gen Hooda called on Vohra and discussed the security scenario with special reference to the conduct of Amarnath Yatra," an Army spokesman said.
He said the Army Commander also met Omar at his residence and discussed security related issues.
Lt Gen Hooda was on his maiden visit to Kashmir after taking over as the commander of the Northern Command.
"Lt Gen Hooda arrived here today on his maiden visit to Chinar Corps for familiarisation and deliberations on prevailing security situation in the Valley," the spokesman said.
The Army Commander was received by Lt Gen Gurmit Singh, Chinar Corps Commander, and was briefed on the current operational situation along the Line of Control and internal security environment prevailing in the hinterland, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi