Top Army officer calls on J&K Governor, CM
Srinagar: General Officer Commanding in Chief of Army`s Northern Command Lt General DS Hooda today called on Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to discuss security related issues.
"Lt Gen Hooda called on Vohra and discussed the security scenario with special reference to the conduct of Amarnath Yatra," an Army spokesman said.
He said the Army Commander also met Omar at his residence and discussed security related issues.
Lt Gen Hooda was on his maiden visit to Kashmir after taking over as the commander of the Northern Command.
"Lt Gen Hooda arrived here today on his maiden visit to Chinar Corps for familiarisation and deliberations on prevailing security situation in the Valley," the spokesman said.
The Army Commander was received by Lt Gen Gurmit Singh, Chinar Corps Commander, and was briefed on the current operational situation along the Line of Control and internal security environment prevailing in the hinterland, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?