Top Army officer calls on J&K Governor, CM
Srinagar: General Officer Commanding in Chief of Army`s Northern Command Lt General DS Hooda today called on Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to discuss security related issues.
"Lt Gen Hooda called on Vohra and discussed the security scenario with special reference to the conduct of Amarnath Yatra," an Army spokesman said.
He said the Army Commander also met Omar at his residence and discussed security related issues.
Lt Gen Hooda was on his maiden visit to Kashmir after taking over as the commander of the Northern Command.
"Lt Gen Hooda arrived here today on his maiden visit to Chinar Corps for familiarisation and deliberations on prevailing security situation in the Valley," the spokesman said.
The Army Commander was received by Lt Gen Gurmit Singh, Chinar Corps Commander, and was briefed on the current operational situation along the Line of Control and internal security environment prevailing in the hinterland, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past