Top cops review security arrangements at Vaishno Devi shrine
Jammu: Security arrangements at Mata Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir`s Reasi district have been reviewed by senior police officials to ensure safety and security of pilgrims.
Director General of Police K Rajendra, accompanied by IGP (Jammu) Rajesh Kumar, yesterday reviewed security arrangements at the shrine in Trikuta Hills and en route, inspected police station located at the Bhawan and also interacted with the personnel there, a police spokesperson said today.
While taking stock of the arrangements made for the shrine and pilgrims, the DGP was apprised that modern security gadgets including CCTV cameras have been put in place at all "sensitive" locations to ensure scrutiny of baggages and frisking of all visitors, the spokesman said.
The DGP was also informed that adequate number of security personnel have been deployed en route to keep a close vigil and to foil any subversive attempt.
Rajendra has asked officials to review the functioning of CCTV cameras every once in a while and timely rectify the faulty cameras. He also called for close coordination between the Shrine Board Management and police to ensure tangible results.
Earlier, the DGP paid obeisance at the shrine.
"The security of pilgrims and the shrine is a paramount duty and we have to focus on our duty to make the task more effective," he told jawans during an interaction.
Rajendra said all logistic support would be provided to the force and assured the jawans and officers that top priority would be given to the welfare of personnel deployed in different areas of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter