Top Hizbul militant killed in J&K
Srinagar: A top Hizbul Mujahideen militant was on Sunday killed in an encounter with security forces in Shopian in Kashmir Valley, officials said.
Mohammad Zahid alias Abu Zaid, a resident of Doda district in Jammu region, was killed after a brief exchange of firing with security forces at Tharina village in Keller area of Shopian, 60 kms from here.
They said Zahid opened indiscriminate firing on security personnel and was killed in retaliatory action.
One AK rifle and some ammunition have been seized from the slain militant.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know