Top Lashkar-e-Taiba commander Abu Ukasha killed in encounter in Kashmir
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: A Lashkar-e-Taiba militant was killed in an encounter with security forces at Handwara in North Kashmir on Sunday.
Handwara is about 75 km from Srinagar.
The slain militant has been identified as Abu Ukasha, a top LeT divisional commander and an Afghan national. He was involved in carrying out many terrorist attacks in the past.
An AK-47 has been recovered from Ukasha.
A few days back, two LeT militants, Zubair Ahmad alias Musab and Ishfaq Ahmad Bhat alias Amir, were killed in an encounter in Kulgam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt