Top Lashkar-e-Taiba commander Abu Ukasha killed in encounter in Kashmir
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: A Lashkar-e-Taiba militant was killed in an encounter with security forces at Handwara in North Kashmir on Sunday.
Handwara is about 75 km from Srinagar.
The slain militant has been identified as Abu Ukasha, a top LeT divisional commander and an Afghan national. He was involved in carrying out many terrorist attacks in the past.
An AK-47 has been recovered from Ukasha.
A few days back, two LeT militants, Zubair Ahmad alias Musab and Ishfaq Ahmad Bhat alias Amir, were killed in an encounter in Kulgam.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley