Top Lashkar-e-Taiba commander Abu Ukasha killed in encounter in Kashmir
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: A Lashkar-e-Taiba militant was killed in an encounter with security forces at Handwara in North Kashmir on Sunday.
Handwara is about 75 km from Srinagar.
The slain militant has been identified as Abu Ukasha, a top LeT divisional commander and an Afghan national. He was involved in carrying out many terrorist attacks in the past.
An AK-47 has been recovered from Ukasha.
A few days back, two LeT militants, Zubair Ahmad alias Musab and Ishfaq Ahmad Bhat alias Amir, were killed in an encounter in Kulgam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal