Top LeT militant killed in J&K`s Budgam, search on
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Budgam: A dreaded terrorist was killed by security forces in the wee hours of Thursday during a fierce encounter with militants in Budgam district of Kashmir Valley in Jammu and Kashmir.
According to reports, the slain militant, who has been identified as Abu Umar, is associated with Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) and is wanted by the Jammu and Kashmir Police and security forces.
A massive search operation has also begun for his associates believed to be hiding in the area.
The gun battle started between security forces and terrorists in Budgam district of Kashmir Valley Wednesday evening, according to reports.
A joint team of police and army laid a cordon around Hushroo village of Chadoora area after getting intelligence inputs about the presence of terrorists in the area.
As the forces started the search operations, terrorists hiding in the village opened fire, reports said.
All security personnel involved in the encounter are said to be safe till the last reports came.
On December 2, a Station House Officer (SHO) and a civilian were killed and two cops injured when militants attacked the police party near police station Chadoora.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days