Traders demand cross-LoC panel
Poonch (J&K): Cross-LoC traders on Thursday demanded setting up of a panel, comprising members from both sides, and increasing the number of items for trade to 50 from the present 21.
In a meeting with Union Home Secretary R K Singh, who visited cross-LoC trade point in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, also demanded communication lines between the two sides and installation of truck scanners at Trade Facilitation Centre (TFC) and banking facilities.
They demanded for a 60-member panel.
Singh, who was accompanied by state Home commissioner B R Sharma, and DGP Kuldeep Khoda, visited forward areas in Poonch and reviewed cross-LoC trade at Chakan-Da-Bagh TFC here, officials said.
Singh assured the traders thaat he will look into these issues.
He is visiting Pakistan for Home Secretary Level talks on May 25.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan