Traders` fed chief`s murder barbaric act: Omar Abdullah
Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today
condemned the brutal killing of President of Sopore traders
federation Ghulam Nabi Khan this morning.
Terming his killing as a "barbaric and cowardly" act,
Abdullah said those forces who are not happy with the peace
and tranquillity of the state have an agenda to target
popular personalities like Khan.
Unknown gunmen sprayed bullets on Khan, 42, in the main
chowk of Sopore at around 11 am.
A hunt has been launched to nab the culprits. No militant
outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says