Traders seek help of Omar on Cross LoC biz issues
Jammu: Jammu of Kashmir Joint Chamber of Commerce and Industries (JKJCCI) on Monday called on Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and sought his help in addressing issues relating to Cross-LoC trade fraternity.
A delegation of the body presented a memorandum of demands relating to the development of industries, trade and commerce in the state with special reference to the matters pertaining to current Cross-LoC trade status.
State Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather, Minister for Industries, SS Slathia were present in the meeting.
While appreciating the keenness of Omar Abdullah in the development of industrial sector in the state, president of the Joint Chamber of Commerce, Mubeen Ahmad Shah explained the issues mentioned in the memorandum.
The meeting discussed issues pertaining to creation of TFC infrastructure and facilities like full body truck X-ray scanners, storage, security and insurance of goods, additional warehouse, cold storage, medical facilities and accommodation for smooth Cross LoC Trade.
The deputation highlighted the need for including more items in trade list, conversion of LoC trade into an actual trade, allowing transit trade across the new markets emerging in Central Asia and Middle East.
Deputation also talked about creation of communication & banking facilities, promotion of tourism trade, collaboration in the field of education and health care sectors and exploitation of water resources for power generation. The Chief Minister said that the state government has initiated the issue of conversion of Cross-LoC trade from present barter status to the normal trading pattern with the Union Government and the state Legislative Assembly has unanimously supported move.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case