Traffic diversions announced for PM`s J&K visit
Srinagar: The Nehru Park-Nishat stretch of the famed Boulevard road along the banks of Dal Lake here will be out of bounds for civilians during the two day visit of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to Jammu and Kashmir next week.
According to an advisory issued by the traffic department today, no unauthorised vehicle will be allowed beyond Nehru Park on June 25 and 26, two days when the Prime Minister will be here.
"In view of special deployment in Srinagar particularly in green belt area on June 25 and 26, traffic police city Srinagar has issued detailed traffic police arrangements in the city for safe passage of visiting dignitaries from Grand Palace up to Nishat along the banks of Dal Lake which will be strictly implemented," a police spokesman said.
The diversions or restrictions will be implemented from 11 am on June 25 to 11 am of the following day.
"Vehicles bound for Nishat, Harwan, Shalimar and adjacent area shall be diverted towards Khanyar-Hazaratbal route at Badyari Chowk and no vehicle shall be allowed towards Grand Palace-SKICC," the spokesman said.
Only tourist vehicles and Light Motor Vehicles would be allowed at Badyari towards Nehru park but beyond Nehru park no vehicle will be allowed towards SKICC, the spokesman said.
All vehicles coming from Kralsangri, Taj Viventa, Brain Nishat, Shalimar, Harwan and its adjacent areas shall be diverted towards Foreshore route to reach to their destinations, he said.
All Nishat, Shalimar, Harwan and its adjacent areas bound vehicles shall be diverted towards Dalgate-Khanyar road to reach to their destinations, the spokesman said.
The residents of Harwan Nishat-Shalimar-Nehru Park and its adjacent areas are advised to follow these directions strictly on the aforementioned dates to avoid inconvenience while travelling in Srinagar city, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?