Tragedy on Eid, young girl killed by LeT militant
Srinagar: Little did a 16-year-old girl
know that her life will be snuffed out on the Eid festival
on Monday for no fault of hers.
As the first rays of the sun shone in the valley, it was
the last day of Dilshada who was killed by a Pakistani
militant belong to Lashker-e-Taiba(LeT) in her home for
spurning his advances.
The shocking incident took place in Batpora-Akhaal in
Kanganarea, 40 km from here.
Police claimed that as per initial probe the militant
identified as Babar had been stalking the girl and was
pressurising her to marry him.
However, as soon as the news of her proposed engagement
with a surrendered militant of Hizbul Mujahideen Dilwar Gaghi
spread, the Lashker terrorist decided to take revenge and
barged into the home of early morning killing on the spot.
The victim`s sister -- 14-year-old Rohee -- who was hit
in her right hand was injured in the attack.
The locality, which should have been buzzing with Eid
festivities, could only hear cries and wails as mourners
poured into the residence of Abdul Ahad Khan to offer their
Earlier this year, Hizbul Mujahideen militants murdered
a woman`s husband Ejaz, mother Taja Begum and father-in-law in
May in Mahore area, 120 km from Jammu. The fault of the groom
was that he had married a girl whom a Hizb commander had
wished to marry.
The murders appear to be a re-run of an incident in Swat
valley in Pakistan, where Taliban militants brutally lashed a
young girl in public after she refused to marry one of their
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference