Train movement disrupted by Asaram supporters in Samba
Jammu: Train movement on the Jammu-Pathankote railway route was disrupted today by supporters of Asaram Bapu in Samba district, where police held three of them.
Over 150 supporters including women, carrying placards, shouted slogans and blocked the tracks at Balol Nallah area in Bari Brahmana, a senior police officer said.
After a brief disruption where two trains were delayed, police swung to action and dispersed the squatters, and held three supporters of the godman for disrupting railway traffic.
The trains affected in the disruption were Ahmedabad Express from Jammu and Jammu bound Sealdah Express.
The agitated supporters alleged that Asaram Bapu was framed under a conspiracy by the UPA government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet