Tremor rocks Kashmir
Srinagar: A moderate intensity quake rocked the Kashmir valley Saturday night although no damage to life or property was reported.
A tremor occurred in the valley at 11.20 pm on Saturday, a Met Department official told a news agency Sunday.
The quake measured 5.9 on the Richter scale with its epicentre in the Hindukush mountains in Afghanistan, the official said.
Coordinates of the tremor were latitude 33.7 degrees north and longitude 75.6 degrees east.
No damage to life or property has so far been reported from anywhere although many said they felt the quake.
Kashmir is situated in an earthquake-prone region. Over 40,000 people were killed in a temblor across the Line of Control Oct 8, 2005. The quake measured 7.9 on the Richter scale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!