Tremor rocks Kashmir
Srinagar: A moderate intensity quake rocked the Kashmir valley Saturday night although no damage to life or property was reported.
A tremor occurred in the valley at 11.20 pm on Saturday, a Met Department official told a news agency Sunday.
The quake measured 5.9 on the Richter scale with its epicentre in the Hindukush mountains in Afghanistan, the official said.
Coordinates of the tremor were latitude 33.7 degrees north and longitude 75.6 degrees east.
No damage to life or property has so far been reported from anywhere although many said they felt the quake.
Kashmir is situated in an earthquake-prone region. Over 40,000 people were killed in a temblor across the Line of Control Oct 8, 2005. The quake measured 7.9 on the Richter scale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog