Tremor rocks Kashmir
Srinagar: A moderate intensity quake rocked the Kashmir valley Saturday night although no damage to life or property was reported.
A tremor occurred in the valley at 11.20 pm on Saturday, a Met Department official told a news agency Sunday.
The quake measured 5.9 on the Richter scale with its epicentre in the Hindukush mountains in Afghanistan, the official said.
Coordinates of the tremor were latitude 33.7 degrees north and longitude 75.6 degrees east.
No damage to life or property has so far been reported from anywhere although many said they felt the quake.
Kashmir is situated in an earthquake-prone region. Over 40,000 people were killed in a temblor across the Line of Control Oct 8, 2005. The quake measured 7.9 on the Richter scale.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh