Tremors felt in Ladakh region of J&K
Srinagar: A low intensity earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter Scale shook the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir in the wee hours today, an official said here.
"Earthquake of 4.3 magnitude (on Richter Scale) occurred this morning at 4:49 am in Ladakh region of the state but there was no damage reported so far," the official said.
The epicentre of the tremor was near the Line of Actual Control between India and China near the Xinjiang province, 247 kms northeast of Leh and 458 kms northeast of Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country