Tremors felt in Ladakh region of J&K
Srinagar: A low intensity earthquake measuring 4.3 on the Richter Scale shook the Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir in the wee hours today, an official said here.
"Earthquake of 4.3 magnitude (on Richter Scale) occurred this morning at 4:49 am in Ladakh region of the state but there was no damage reported so far," the official said.
The epicentre of the tremor was near the Line of Actual Control between India and China near the Xinjiang province, 247 kms northeast of Leh and 458 kms northeast of Srinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...