`Trouble at LoC a deliberate attempt to hide Kashmir issue`
Srinagar: Separatist leader Shabir Ahmad Shah on Thursday alleged that skirmishes on the Line of Control (LoC) were part of a "deliberate attempt" by the Centre to "divert attention" of the world away from the Kashmir issue.
"India is not content with the changing scenario in the region. If we take a cursory look at the situation in 2013, it seems there are deliberate attempts to (aggravate it)."
"India is quite aware of the consequences of war but is deliberately trying to keep up the skirmishes on the LoC so as to divert the attention of the world away from the real issue."
"Escalation of tension on the LoC, directly or indirectly favours India because escalating tensions with Pakistan automatically pushes the Kashmir-issue on the back burner," he told reporters.
Shah, the president of the Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Freedom Party, called on the leaderships of India and Pakistan to exhibit statesmanship and "try to resolve the mutual issues", saying war was "no option".
"The most affected from the rising confrontations between the two countries are Kashmiri people residing on either side (of LoC). Not only politically, but Kashmiris also get affected economically and socially," he said.
He said if the Kashmir-issue was not resolved at the earliest, it could give rise to a war anytime which would have "serious repercussions for the subcontinent".
He demanded probes into the recent violations along the LoC, the firing incident in Gool area of Ramban and the Kishtwar communal riots.
He said he would visit Gool, Chenab Valley and Jammu to "put an end to the hatred" spread by communal elements and bring Muslim and Hindu communities closer.
"The traditional Hindu-Muslim brotherhood in Jammu should not get undermined," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor