`Trouble at LoC a deliberate attempt to hide Kashmir issue`
Srinagar: Separatist leader Shabir Ahmad Shah on Thursday alleged that skirmishes on the Line of Control (LoC) were part of a "deliberate attempt" by the Centre to "divert attention" of the world away from the Kashmir issue.
"India is not content with the changing scenario in the region. If we take a cursory look at the situation in 2013, it seems there are deliberate attempts to (aggravate it)."
"India is quite aware of the consequences of war but is deliberately trying to keep up the skirmishes on the LoC so as to divert the attention of the world away from the real issue."
"Escalation of tension on the LoC, directly or indirectly favours India because escalating tensions with Pakistan automatically pushes the Kashmir-issue on the back burner," he told reporters.
Shah, the president of the Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Freedom Party, called on the leaderships of India and Pakistan to exhibit statesmanship and "try to resolve the mutual issues", saying war was "no option".
"The most affected from the rising confrontations between the two countries are Kashmiri people residing on either side (of LoC). Not only politically, but Kashmiris also get affected economically and socially," he said.
He said if the Kashmir-issue was not resolved at the earliest, it could give rise to a war anytime which would have "serious repercussions for the subcontinent".
He demanded probes into the recent violations along the LoC, the firing incident in Gool area of Ramban and the Kishtwar communal riots.
He said he would visit Gool, Chenab Valley and Jammu to "put an end to the hatred" spread by communal elements and bring Muslim and Hindu communities closer.
"The traditional Hindu-Muslim brotherhood in Jammu should not get undermined," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Department of Posts fails to pay tax, CBEC faults officials
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores