`Trouble at LoC a deliberate attempt to hide Kashmir issue`
Srinagar: Separatist leader Shabir Ahmad Shah on Thursday alleged that skirmishes on the Line of Control (LoC) were part of a "deliberate attempt" by the Centre to "divert attention" of the world away from the Kashmir issue.
"India is not content with the changing scenario in the region. If we take a cursory look at the situation in 2013, it seems there are deliberate attempts to (aggravate it)."
"India is quite aware of the consequences of war but is deliberately trying to keep up the skirmishes on the LoC so as to divert the attention of the world away from the real issue."
"Escalation of tension on the LoC, directly or indirectly favours India because escalating tensions with Pakistan automatically pushes the Kashmir-issue on the back burner," he told reporters.
Shah, the president of the Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Freedom Party, called on the leaderships of India and Pakistan to exhibit statesmanship and "try to resolve the mutual issues", saying war was "no option".
"The most affected from the rising confrontations between the two countries are Kashmiri people residing on either side (of LoC). Not only politically, but Kashmiris also get affected economically and socially," he said.
He said if the Kashmir-issue was not resolved at the earliest, it could give rise to a war anytime which would have "serious repercussions for the subcontinent".
He demanded probes into the recent violations along the LoC, the firing incident in Gool area of Ramban and the Kishtwar communal riots.
He said he would visit Gool, Chenab Valley and Jammu to "put an end to the hatred" spread by communal elements and bring Muslim and Hindu communities closer.
"The traditional Hindu-Muslim brotherhood in Jammu should not get undermined," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack